- Give proper notice at your former residence.
- Cancel your utilities at your former residence.
- File a change of address with the post office and any magazines or billing agencies who will require it.
- Arrange for moving vehicles and notify our resident manager of your plans.
- Do your Inspection Report walk-through with our resident manager.
- Sign your lease paperwork and pay all balances with a cashier’s check or money order, prior to receiving keys.
- Pick up your keys.
- Arrange for your utilities, including any cable or dish installation. Note that the Dish Network installer will require a signature from our office staff before beginning work. To put the electric bill in your name you must call Southern California Edison and Gas at (800) 655-4555.
- If you have children who will enroll in local schools, make contact to begin that process as early as possible.
Local school websites:
Huntington Beach City School District
Huntington Beach Union High School District
Great Schools website (info and rankings for local schools)
- Other helpful numbers for your move include:
Time Warner Cable: (714) 843-9559
Southern California Gas Company: (800) 427-2200
Southern California Gas: (877) 238-0092
Verizon: (800) 483-4000
Police Department: (714) 960-8811
Fire Department: (714) 536-5411
U. S. Post Office: (800) 275-8777